Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Linden Dollars: Second Life.


Linden dollars in the virtual game of Second Life, (similar to Sims but is an online virtual world), are defined by the government as virtual currency. Through the game, you can purchase items in the game as well as locked premium features with Linden dollars and it even has a value in real currency because it can be bought or exchanged to virtual currency. You can earn Linden dollars through Second Life or you can easily purchase Linden dollars with real currency.  There is an exchange system called Lindex for this type of transaction made by the game makers. You are not allowed to use real currency for the game. To use Lindex or to purchase Linden dollars, you just need a credit/debit card or a Paypal account. There are even ATM's in Second Life where you can withdraw your Linden dollars.
There are many benefits to playing Second Life. You can get started with very little Linden money and earn your way up or spend five bucks to get some Linden dollars and go from there. Either way once you earn Linden dollars, you can then exchange them for virtual money. Why not have tons of fun AND earn money?
Would you like to give it a try and get started? Technology really is stepping it up. Even with games, there are lots of different virtual currency and ways to earn money even when you don't a job in real life. Hence, Second Life. Second Life can be anyone's second chance to living the life they always wanted if you play it right and dedicate your time to earning big. You can only live it up once you've earned and get a good job. But, you can also be anyone and if you're a bit into fantasy, Second Life is perfect for you.
There are tons of ways to earn money in Second Life. You can practically sell anything you have in the game, play to win the lottery, play to win in the casinos, play skill games to earn coins, buy land and get money, buy stocks, play other games offered in Second Life like "The Second Farm" or simply get a job! Jobs are very realistic in this game.....you could even be an escort or a stripper if you' like to.


In 2009 when Second Life was first introduced, it was the most popular among PC games. It attracted a wider range of people to play the game. I have never heard of the game until recently researching digital currencies. But it's interesting that games now even have digital currency. Games have stepped it up and have become extremely realistic these days. Would you guys play the game and get involved? Comment below! Share your thoughts. Have you also heard of Linden dollars or played the game? If you have, tell me about it. I would like to know without playing the game. 


http://secondlife.com/destinations/realms
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/04/could-linden-dollars-become-real-money/
http://personalweb.about.com/od/virtualworlds/a/sl_makemoney.htm

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome experience! I would love to give this a try. I am currently addicted to Sims and love it. I would like to know the exchange for the Linden dollars. It would be great to win the lottery in a game and it pay out in real life. My other question is how much must you earn before you can withdraw Linden dollars into actual dollars. At many casinos you are not allowed to cash out until you make serious bank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't necessarily pay out in real life. It pays out as virtual currency through the online games. It's not considered of real monetary value.

      Delete
  2. I find it interesting that a lot of online games such as this can have their own in-game economy that can be quite similar to ours in real life. I have actually heard of a game such as this called Entropia where you can deposit actual money and earn in-game currency like Second Life, but you can actually withdraw your in-game currency into an actual bank account using NETELLER. I'd imagine that it would take an extreme amount of in-game currency to withdraw to any kind of substantial actual money but I think it's interesting that you can actually earn some money through working in an online game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to hear anything on the game Entropia but if it's cashing out on real money, I think we'll hear about it soon enough. That's actually pretty cool. I think I'd play just to earn some money. I wonder what the game creators were thinking when they decided to give out real money for game currency.

      Delete