PayPal developed an app that might be the most fully featured payment app to date. PayPal's vision of the future is "no wallet, no credit card, and no waiting for anything". The app enables you to store your credit cards, send and receive money, and could also open a credit line on your behalf. The only thing about this app is that it's not going to give you the simple and easy feeling of swiping your credit or debit card.
The way PayPal app works is that you use the 'Local' section of the app to find shops and restaurants nearby which accept PayPal payment. Then, you would choose one and you can ‘check in’ to the store. You can order food ahead of time, before you arrive.
I think the PayPal app is a brilliant innovation and have some good features to it, but it is still not quite as simple as carrying a credit card. The system is still quite slower than using a credit card. Shops accepting PayPal is severely limited at the moment. We also pay for things in many different ways. Meanwhile, we would have to buy things the old-fashion way until developers find a more simpler way to use the app and more shops accepting PayPal payment.
Sources:
The thing that I don't like about Paypal or paying online in general is that it remembers your card information. It also remembers full names and addresses. All I have to do when buying something from my computer is press the purchase button and it’ll be there in 3-5 days. I feel like if I had to type my information every time I would keep my financial information safer and it would stop me from making as many impulse buys.
ReplyDeleteI really like this idea. I get paid quite often through pay pal and it would be nice to be able to spend that money anywhere. The way it works now is that if I want to use my pay pal money, I have to transfer it to my bank account, which takes roughly 3-4 days. This would save me a lot of time and head ache when I'm in a pinch for cash.
ReplyDelete