Since I came to
America, I realize most of people use credit cards when they pay something. It takes
me a while to get used to it. Even if people use credit cards in my country,
they still use cash a lot. Because there are a lot of small shop that do not
take credit cards. Another reason is some people are worried their credit
information may stolon by somebody.
However, it still has some advantages for
using credit cards. First of all, people do not have brought a bunch of money
to go out. When they pay something, they just swipe their cards. Second, some
credit cards offer additional benefits such as discounts and cash back. Third,
using credit cards can build a good credit history. It is not only good for
applying credit cards, but also applying for things such as loan, rental
applications.
Picture source
Since I came to
America, I realize most of people use credit cards when they pay something. It takes
me a while to get used to it. Even if people use credit cards in my country,
they still use cash a lot. Because there are a lot of small shop that do not
take credit cards. Another reason is some people are worried their credit
information may stolon by somebody.
However, it still has some advantages for using credit cards. First of all, people do not have brought a bunch of money to go out. When they pay something, they just swipe their cards. Second, some credit cards offer additional benefits such as discounts and cash back. Third, using credit cards can build a good credit history. It is not only good for applying credit cards, but also applying for things such as loan, rental applications.
However, it still has some advantages for using credit cards. First of all, people do not have brought a bunch of money to go out. When they pay something, they just swipe their cards. Second, some credit cards offer additional benefits such as discounts and cash back. Third, using credit cards can build a good credit history. It is not only good for applying credit cards, but also applying for things such as loan, rental applications.
Picture source

I have always been more inclined to purchase items with my card. I find it interesting that your culture can affect the way you make payments. Which country are you from? One reason I have been more inclined to spend with a card is because of convenience, pretty much every store I go to accepts cards, and I won't have to deal with the issue of having loose change. Another reason is because I hate the feeling of physically seeing the money I have spent go away.
ReplyDeleteI am from Taiwan. For my parent, the reasons they don’t want to use cards are they are worried if some people stolon their information of cards and buy something online. Also, they used to pay by cash for a long time. They feel more comfortable to use cash.
DeleteI've been making purchases almost exclusively with my card for several years now because of mainly how convenient it is, as you mentioned. A big downside I've noticed with always using a card is that you can lose track of how much you're spending and end up spending way more than you'd like to. When you're paying with cash, you're usually seeing how much cash you have left in your wallet which tends to help you limit your spending a lot of the time.
ReplyDeleteI can check what I spend and how much I spent. However, I often spend too much money on my cards bcause I always feel I didn't spend a lot when I swipe the cards. This is a point that is disvantage for me.
DeleteI enjoy being able to use my card wherever I go. It is convenient. However, it is easier for me to budget my spending if I have cash on me. My mind views the tangible money as more precious than the idea of money on a card. On the other hand, cash can be stolen and usually unfound. Credit cards can be called in and canceled, with almost no loss.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. I can see what did I spend and how much I already spend from online statement. And also I can call bank if I lose my card or ask cancel if something that is not I purchase.
DeleteI love using my card because I am bad about losing cash money. I have lost my debit card a few times though. If someone loses their credit or debit card, they don't have to worry about not getting their money back. Once you lose cash money, it is gone. Only less you are dealing with an honest person who is willing to give it back.
ReplyDeleteThat is true. If you lose your cards, you can just call bank to cancel your cards. however, if you lose your cash, no one will responsible you losing your money.
DeleteIn the developing world of technology, credit card use has become a large phenomenon. With the culmination of payment options, the threat of losing your credit card becomes extremely hazardous. When financial information is combined through technology, security becomes one of the largest challenges. Although many people believe that actual cash flow will practically diminish, I believe we are still a long way from eliminating the use of cash.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very interesting topic. I like my others tend to spend money on my credit card before I pay with cash. The transactions are a lot easier and more convenient. There are always the disadvantages of spending money on your card though. The idea of not seeing your physical money go away has its tendency to make the consumer spend more; I know it does for me.
ReplyDeleteI also always spend too much on my credit cards. After I check my statement, I always surprise that I spend that much. This is bad to buy too much not necessary staff.
DeleteI use my credit card all the time, it is dry rare when i have cash on me. I think it is just so much easier to use a credit card than cash, that way i don't have to worry about change etc.
ReplyDeleteI also think that relying only on a credit card is not good, there have been times when i have forgotten my credit card at home and i am stuck out with no money what so ever, not even with the possibility of being able to go to an ATM to get cash out.
Maria Zendejas
I agree the point no money may stuck outside. I usually put some cash in my wallet in case my cards don't work or some places don't take cards.
DeleteI use my card all of the time. I believe that it is easier and quicker. I do not like to hold up any lines, so I do not like to count out exact change, however, I do not want to carry a lot of change around either. I always like to keep some cash on me, but overall I like using my card better. The one thing I worry about though with my card is hackers and scams like the whole Target thing that happened. However, you could get robbed and get your cash taken so I really do not think in that aspect one is better than the other.
ReplyDeleteI used to carry a large amount of bills, usually in excess of two hundred dollars. That was when I was a delivery driver and part of my job involved being a walking cash register, breaking several twenties a night. These days I don't carry any cash, and I have much greater piece of mind because of it. With a card, you only have to worry about leaving it somewhere and having it stolen, and you can call the bank or credit card company to get your money and your card back. With cash, it could fall out of your pocket or you could be a target for violent and desperate criminals. Two of my coworkers while I was a delivery driver were mugged for their cash. If all of our sales were with credit cards, they would only have the food to steal, so there would be much less incentive.
ReplyDeleteAlthough I am one of the people who carry a card's wallet, I sometimes need cash so bad, I also get into some problems since I only have my credit card and the stores I enter required a minimum purchase of $10.00 for example. Then, I have to buy unnecessary products to meet the requirement.
ReplyDeleteMohammed Bin Ahmed
I also had a experience like you. Specially I go to Asian store or restaurant. They have a minimum purchase, so on this situation, it is better to put some cash in the wallet.
Delete