Friday, March 21, 2014

T2 systems



As we can see, we use digital payment technologies everywhere in the world. It is easier and more convenience than the traditional way to pay something. I found some articles talk about T2 system. T2 system is software for parking lots in pay stations.

Burnaby Company which developed software and hardware for pay parking found in 1977. It makes about 11,000 pay stations and installed it in North America.

 I also found there is a company provides mobile parking payment that combine with T2 systems. This corporation allows implementing QP QuickPay mobile parking payment. Why T2 systems are popular to use in a lot of pay stations for parking lots? T2 systems give people easily to see and check the status of a space. The form of payment is not only all in one application but also on a single device.



 






Source
http://www.biv.com/article/20140130/BIV0112/140139994/-1/BIV/us-company-acquires-burnaby-8217-s-digital-payment-technologies
http://www.techvibes.com/blog/t2-systems-acquires-vancouvers-digital-payment-technologies-2014-01-08
http://www.t2systems.com/news-and-events/news-and-press-releases/25/t2-systems-and-quickpay-corp-integrate-for-easy-enforcement-of-mobile-parking-payments.aspx

5 comments:

  1. After reading your post, I looked up what industries would use these T2 systems. I was surprised to see that there were actually quite a few. I would have thought that this idea of a pay station was older than 1977.

    The picture that you have displayed looks like one of the newer models and easier to use than some of the older ones. It is prodigious how far technology and digital payments have come over the years.

    For organizations that use the T2 systems, do you pay before you park? Is the devise located right when you go to park and pull the ticket out? Is that when it shows you what available spaces are open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also haven't seen in the parking lot. After I read some news, I just know how amazing machines are. I hope we can see it everywhere next few years.

      Delete
  2. I have found that these pay stations can be good, and bad. I enjoy being able to use a form of payment other than quarters! But there are plenty of things that the average person doesn't know about them, like the fact that they can be looked at for updates on space!

    I think that if the T2 systems posted a website on them so we could go in and see what features they had, it would make using them easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't personally seen these machines, but the fact that they can let you know of how many spaces are available (I'm assuming before you park) would be so helpful. Also the fact that it doesn't just take quarters is also very useful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didnt see this machines yet. I think that will be popular to use because this is really convenient.

      Delete